Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
adapted from this recipe on flickr.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup mashed banana (1 small/medium banana)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup oats, rolled or quick.
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350’F, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In large bowl, cream butter and the sugars. Beat in egg and banana, fllowed by the vanilla. Gradually, on low speed or by hand, add in flour mixture.
4. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
5. Bake 11-14 minutes at 350 until set and brown.
Makes two dozen cookies or in my case, 16 medium misshappen cookies.
Review: I actually used a big banana so it was more like 1/2 cup to 1 cup of banana. This made the cookies more moist. I cut the sugar by 1/4 cup of white and brown (1/2 cup total) from the original recipe, and it was still quite sweet because of the large mashed banana and the chocolate chips. As much as I like chocolate, you can definitely skip out on them when making this recipe to make it “healthier” especially if you use whole wheat flour. I baked them for 15 minutes, but since my cookies were big and moist, they could have been in longer as well. My cookies turned out oddly shaped because I just spooned them haphazardly, this is the type of cookie where you shape it on the parchment before popping it in the oven.
Baking music: Amelie soundtrack.