Highlights for this week include mashed sweet potatoes, grilled cheese sandwiches (cheddar and goat cheese versions), spinach, tomato and egg stir fried together.
Monday November 17th, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. Crumpet with chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Lunch: Baby plum tomatoes, cucumber and a yellow bell pepper. More of a snack really.
- Snack: Two store bought samosas.
- Dinner: I sauteed some onions and mushrooms in butter and had it with the leftover oven baked chicken and rice from sunday. Sauteeing onions will happen more often because I always have too many onions.
- Late Snack: Greek yogurt with honey. Mmm.
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with honey, raisins and cinnamon. Butter on crumpet. Greek yogurt with honey.
- Lunch: Packed a real lunch of whole wheat pita, egg, two baby plum tomatoes and yakult. Supplemented by free Hara Krishna food. Occasionally, I get their food for lunch.
- Dinner: Last leftover chicken and rice from Sunday night, buttered crumpet, and an apple. Some previously frozen premade chicken from my flatmate.
- Late Snack: After the pub, I had a pear and greek yogurt with honey.
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with egg, sugar, and a couple of raisins. Up until this point, I had been using quick oats in packets and now I’m using rolled oats. I did this over the stove, but I think I’ll microwave again whether I have time or not. I had banana as well.
- Lunch: Finally finished those last two samosas, followed them with a Yakult.
- Snack: Whole wheat pita plain and a chocolate digestive cookie (I was trying to write a paper the whole day, therefore lots of eating.)
- Dinner: Spinach, egg, and tomato stir fried with garlic and olive oil with Korean instant noodles for the side. Later, I had an apple.
- Late Dinner: My flatmate made roasted chicken wings. I followed it up with some Danone yogurt.
Thursday, November 20th, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Lunch: Store bought tortellini with some parmesan and some previously frozen steamed veggies
- Dinner: Chinese dinner at My Old Place.
Friday, November 21st, 2008
- Brunch: A lot of oatmeal. I ran out of milk, made it with water, overdid it with salt, and served it with some cream and brown sugar. Good thing I did make a lot because I didn’t eat for another 10 hours.
- Pre-Dinner snack: apple, soy milk, some sort of flapjack from Starbucks my flatmate gave me.
- Dinner with flatmates: we made chicken and broccoli stir fry (some chinese vinegar, soy sauce, salt sugar), eggs and tomato together, and onions and bell peppers. Side order with rice.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
- Breakfast: Wholemeal toast with goat cheese.
- Late Lunch: Apple and store bought frozen chips and wedges
- Dinner: My flatmate and I made chicken, red onions and potatoes with yellow curry powder. For a side we made mashed sweet potato: roasted them for 45 minutes at 220/440 and then mashed over med heat with butter, milk, brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon.
- Late Dessert: Store bought Normandy Apple Tart without Devon custard. It was super rich and the tart had a lot eggs too.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- Brunch: Banana and two grilled cheese sandwiches: one with mild cheddar and the other with goat cheese. It was overdoing it, but I’ve been craving cheese like crazy for awhile now. Tip: Butter one side of the slice of bread, put it butter side down in a pan over LOW-MED heat (high heat not good), place the cheese in the middle and then butter the other slice of bread, placing the non-buttered side on the cheese, heat one side, flip and heat the other. The cheese should melt and the bread should not be burnt. This method also prevents over use of butter and actually makes for easier clean up.
- Snack: Apple. Yakult.
- Dinner: My flatmate and I made some spinach soup (Chinese soup mix and spinach, scrambled eggs with tomatoes and spinach (we both had a lot spinach), leftovers (chicken stir fried with the leftovers from my old place), some takeout chow mein another roomie brought, and rice on the side of course. I had honey with greek yogurt for dessert later.
This Week in Drinks: Earl Grey Tea, Chai Tea, Yakult, Milk, Soy Milk, 1/2 pint Alpline lager, Fortnum & Mason Christmas Spiced Tea, Hot Chocolate