March 19th, 2012: This entry was an unfinished draft from December 2008. It is mostly complete so I decided to post it anyway just for my own records.
Highlights this week: Magic Pudding Cake, Dense Hot Chocolate, and stir fried lemony chickpeas.
Monday, December 8th 2008
- Brunch: Pita with goat cheese, two buttered crumpets
- Snacks: Cookie, jaffa cakes
- Dinner: New Covent Garden Potato & Leek soup with couscous, kielbasa, pita with hummus.
- Breakfast: Pita with goat cheese, pita with hummus, oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, and honey
- Lunch: Whole wheat fussili with tomato sauce (the last of it) and Hara Krishna free food
- Dinner: Rice with usual steam-boiled vegetables: carrots and British spring greens with ginger and green onion. Kielbasa on the side.
- Breakfast; Pita with goat cheese, oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, and honey. Kielbasa on the side.
- Dinner: Leftover rice on the side while I stir fried 1 egg, 3 tomato, and 2 carrots in ginger and garlic. I always like tomato and egg together in ginger/garlic, but I added the carrot because I have so much of it. Nectarine.
Thursday, December 11th, 2008
- Breakfast: Leftover rice with hummus. Yogurt with cereal. Kielbasa on the side.
- Snack: Costa Caffe Latte (not really food but yum)
- Snack 2: Multigrain Rye Bread
- Dinner: Flatmates made Chinese chicken curry and potatoes and long beans stir fried with mushrooms and beef. I made the dessert: magic pudding cake.
Friday, December 12th, 2008
- Breakfast: Yogurt with cereal. Bread with hummus. Kielbasa on the side.
- Lunch: Two small sausage with onions (mustard, ketchup) from Borough Market.
- Dinner: Multigrain rye bread, leftover curry, some stuff my flatmate made. Nectarine.
Saturday, December 13th, 2008
- Brunch: Oatmeal
- Snack: Dense hot chocolate
- Dinner: Flatmate made eggs and tomato, I made spring greens and onions in soup, usual style
- Late Dinner: Steak and Cheese panini
Sunday, December 14th, 2008
- Brunch: Cereal with yogurt, Pastrimi and Chicken panini with Mustard
- Snack: Ham and Cheese (there is a long story about how my flatmate gave me so many paninis that I needed to eat ASAP)
- Dinner: Rice with Stir fried lemony chickpeas, onions, and summer squash/zucchini. I got the idea from 101 Cookbooks: I stir fried half a large onion with chickpeas in olive oil and a pinch of salt until crusty, removed from heat, sauteed some zucchini, and added the chickpeas back, removed from heat, added lemon juice and zest. I loved the addition of lemon to it all. I could have probably used a whole onion.
- Snack: Dense Hot chocolate