Sunday Salon: Pre-Autumn

Sunday Salon

Hello! It rained all of yesterday which was lovely for sleep and relaxing. I spent it catching up to “Celebrity Masterchef” (UK) and watching The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (recommended).

This week, I read Where we belong by Emily Giffin and Arabella by Georgette Heyer. Work was very busy this week so I was too tired to read towards the end of the week.

Today, I want to knit some more because I really want to finish this blanket. I am also rewatching My Neighbour Totoro. As for books, I have a lot still from the library including Venetia by Georgette Heyer, The Song of Achilles, The City of Dreaming Books, and more. Of course, I still need to start Gone with the Wind. At this rate, I may not start it until October.

The weather has gotten cold now, and I think it will stay this way. Now I can slowly take out my tights and fall skirts. What about you? Do you feel the change in the air where you are?

12 comments

• athena says:

Hey Laurel! You should see the movie. It was lovely and yeah, I also really enjoyed Where We Belong. I think it’s my favourite of her books yet. Thanks!

1. Vasilly says:

There hasn’t been a change in weather yet though thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday. I read A Song of Achilles a few months back and really enjoyed it. I hope this week includes more reading time for you.

2. Erin says:

It’s rained a lot today where I am, but I have a bad feeling it won’t start cooling off in Florida for quite some time 🙁 Hope you get a lot of knitting done today.

• athena says:

Hi Susan! It’s more drastic here in Ontario and the average temp today dropped almost ten points below the usual from last week. Glad you liked the movie too. Have a good week!

3. jessicabookworm says:

I usually rather like the cooling effect of Autumn coming but unfortunately in the UK this year we didn’t really have a Summer to notice a difference! The only thing that has changed is the nights draw in quicker which jus encourages me to curl with a good book in the evening.

I look forward to reading what you think of The Song of Achilles as I’d really like to read that myself.

• athena says:

Hi Jessica! UK Summers are never long enough. It does make for cozy reading time. Yeah, hopefully I have time to read Achilles soon, but I am swamped with books, work and my other hobbies. Thanks for commenting!