I am generally not someone who makes new year’s resolutions for personal goals; however, this is mostly a book blog. I’d be remiss to not at least attempt it since I measure book read by the Gregorian calendar.
In 2015, I read 42 books which is a goal I modified in the autumn down from 52 books. I did achieve it which is one more than 2014. I use to read 60-80 books a year. Even as an above average speed reader, I am finding it difficult to read over 50 books when I have to work full time, socialize, exercise, and my plethora of other hobbies (baking/cooking, knitting, colouring, TV/movies, and more). I think as long as I keep near to 50 that I am satisfied.
Here are my goals for 2016:
- Read and Review at least 42 books
- Read more Classics for Classics Club: My end date is in 2017. I am very behind.
- Review and post about Colouring Books and Colouring: Picked up a new hobby at the end of 2015. While not reading, it does involve books.
- Read and Review one of my cookbooks: I have over 40 to choose from now. I have a problem.
- Read one French book: Been working on my French the last few months and will continue. Long overdue to finish one.
- Read one Poetry book.
I think these are reasonable and ambitious considering I have not done the last three at all in the past year. A few years ago, I resolved to read more nonfiction and it worked. I have not been reading less nonfiction compared to then, but I think having these goals help.
What are your reading goals for 2016?