Highlights this week include roasted new potatoes with red onion, lots of egg fried rice, and homemade tomato sauce.
Monday, November 24th, 2008
- Breakfast: Leftover spinach, egg and tomato stir fry from last night. Buttered crumpet.
- Lunch: Apple and grilled mild cheddar sandwhich. This time, I brushed melted butter instead of spreading it with a knife. I’m trying to use less butter as much as I love it. Also had organic shortcake cookies from Starbucks.
- Snack: Plain crumpet.
- Dinner: I roasted new potatoes with red onion at 400’F/200’C for about 40 minutes with olive oil, pepper and salt. Not enough red onion enough. I cooked the last of my spinach by sauteeing it with oil and garlic. My roommate made chicken wings (with diet coke) and too much rice so I guess I have to make fried rice tomorrow.
- I helped my roommate make some fried rice before bed so she could have some food for the next day and I got some as well
Tuesday, November 25th, 2008
- Breakfast: Leftover new potatoes, grilled cheese sandwich.
- Lunch: Fried rice that I made with my roommate. More Hara Krishna food.
- Snack: Starbucks blueberry cheesecake someone gave me.
- Dinner: I made egg fried rice with green onion, zucchini, soy sauce and oyster sauce. One of my roommates made fried chicken and mushroom. Plum, apple for dessert.
Wednesday, November 26th, 2008
- Breakfast: Two buttered crumpets, oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Snack: Leftover fried rice from Monday night. Peanuts, one stick bueno.
- Dinner: Steam-boiled cauliflower, my roommate made steamed sea bass (ginger, green onion, chilies, garlic, soy sauce). Leftover fried rice from Tuesday.
Thursday, November 27th, 2008
- Brunch: Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and sugar. Two buttered crumpets. Clementine.
- Snack: Garlic & coriander pita with cheddar inside, grilled with olive oil. I’m totally just going to use olive oil and pita from now on. I also had two small potatoes, microwaved with some water.
- Dinner: Hard boiled egg. New Covent Garden Mediterranean Vegetable and Herb soup with lots of couscous added in. Clementine. Yogurt.
Friday, November 28th, 2008
- Brunch: Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and honey. Toasted pita filled with goat cheese.
- Snack: Waitrose all butter chocolate flapjack. Mmm.
- Dinner: Flatmate organised fajita night. Yogurt.
Saturday, November 29th, 2008
- Breakfast: Toasted pita filled with goat cheese
- Late Lunch: Previously frozen McCain chips and wedges. Chocolate.
- Dinner: Steamed/Boiled vegetables: Cauliflower and carrots with spring onion in a base of water, chicken stock, ginger, white pepper, and salt. Basmati rice cooked with a Chinese sausage in the rice cooker on the side. Borough Market olives.
Sunday, November 30th, 2008
- Brunch: Two toasted waffles, pita with cheddar in it, fruit cake
- Dinner Snacks: I made tomato sauce using mushrooms, courgette, carrot, green onion, garlic, fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, and tomato paste. I added salt, pepper, chili flakes, and brown sugar to taste. I had it with fussili pasta. I followed it up with a pita, a waffle, Borough Market olives, and an almond croissant.
This Week in Drinks: Honeybush Botswana, Earl Grey, Chai, F&M Christmas Spice, Lemon water, Green tea