It’s harder for me to write about a show I love because it’s hard to find fault with things you love. Objectively, I know this show is not the smoothest at times and it’s not for everyone. For me, I was engrossed with this little series. I’m excited for the premiere of season two in April.
As follows are ten reasons why I liked this show:
- Tatiana Maslany all the time. She deserves every award for the acting she does on this show. She has chemistry with the rest of the cast, but mainly, herself!
- The pacing is tight and fast with ten episodes. There is very little to no filler. All the scenes move the overall plot or character developments and arcs.
- While this is a sci-fi show, with the exception of some science talk and the appearance of a tail, this show is low on CGI. It’s a show largely about identity.
- All the characters are flawed and many show growth or development through the series.
- The aspect I liked the least was the Vic character. He was just annoying. I was also not always keen on Art the detective. He was a bit too much of a trope and typical cop character. Conversely, the cop plotline on this show moves believably so. They aren’t fumbling like dumb cops on other non serialized shows.
- As a Canadian, I do try to watch Canadian shows and while there have been some that I have liked in the past, but none that I have loved like I do this show. It was riveting and entertaining. It also felt Canadian without being overly Canadian or low budget. This is something I haven’t found with any Canadian based show.
- This is a show about many female characters, all with unique voices going through a similar experience from different perspectives.
- Felix and the actor who plays him is good too. Paul/Dylan Bruce is hot.
- The soundtrack is good too.
- The fandom is small and very positive. Having said that, I wish the show and TM would get more attention. It’s underrated and she should get more roles in everything and anything.