“What’s in a name?” Reading Challenge
This challenge goes from January 1 to December 31, 2008. One title from each of the six categories. I only intend to read one book under each category, but I’ve given myself options and alternates as usual.
1. A book with a color in its title.
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2. A book with an animal in its title.
Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
Wings of the Dove by Henry James
3. A book with a first name in its title.
Life and Times of Michael K by J. M. Coetzee
Anil‘s Ghost by Michael Ondaatje
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
4. A book with a place in its title.
Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
The Known World by Thomas P. Jones
5. A book with a weather event in its title.
The Tempest by William Shakespeare
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
6. A book with a plant in its title.
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco