Highlights include blondies, baked potatoes, and lots more cheese.
Monday December 1st, 2008
- Breakfast: Toasted waffles, pita with mild cheddar toasted
- Lunch: Egg Spaghetti with leftover tomato sauce
- Snack: Milk Chocolate digestives with tea. Roasted sweet potato my flatmate gave me.
- Dinner: So lazy: Rice cooker rice with an egg alongside steamed frozen vegetables. Pear.
Tuesday December 2nd, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and sugar. Pita with goat cheese. One toasted waffle
- Lunch: I made wholewheat fusili pasta in the morning, and added the sauce to it.
- Snack: Cucumber, digestive, waffle.
- Dinner: Invited to dinner by a guy from Sichuan who made spicy pork, chicken, and fried rice
Wednesday December 3rd, 2008
- Breakfast: Cereal, pita with melted cheddar and cucumber, pear
- Dinner: Egg spaghetti with tomato sauce. Baked potato: Washed, dried, piecced, rubbed in sunfower oil and salt (makes the skin crispy), heated in oven for almost an hour at 220’C. A little longer would have been even better.
Thursday December 4th, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with sugar, raisins and cinnamon. Pita with goat cheese and cucumber.
- Lunch: Fried egg and Egg spaghetti with tomato sauce. You would think that I’d be sick of it by now, but I think I did a decent job with the sauce and it’s even better now than when it was fresh.
- Snack: One chocolate digestive (I am switching back to normal ones after this). One buttered crumpet.
- Dinner: Cucumber slices. Pita and carrots dipped in hummus. I had some of my flatmate’s pasta (first time I’ve had beef in this country). Baked potato.
Friday, December 5th, 2008
- Brunch: Pear. Oatmeal with honey, raisins, and cinnamon. Two buttered crumpets.
- Dinner: I made blondies for this potluck. At the party, we had hummus, cheese, mulled wine, mince pies, pizza etc.
Saturday, December 6th 2008
- Brunch: Pita with melted cheddar, muesli cereal, pear.
- Snack: Jaffa Cakes, Garlic Kiebasa,
- Dinner: Rice, Chinese sausage, and vegetable soup. Well, it wasn’t really a soup, but I boiled water with ginger, green onion, white pepper, salt, and oil. Later, 1/3 of a chicken stock cube (probably didn’t need it). I used one tomato, one carrot, a few mushrooms, and lots of British spring greens. I was really full afternoon actually.
Sunday, December 7th, 2008
- Brunch: Two buttered crumpets, pita with goat cheese. I tried to make thick hot chocolate with cornstarch, but I really need a whisk and some measuring spoons.
- Lots of snacking: kielbasa, jaffa cakes, pear, digestives, etc
- Dinner: Flatmate made baked chicken, mashed potatoes and some frozen vegetables
Drinks: Twinnings Chai, Twinnings Decaf Earl Grey, Lemon and Honey tea, Vitamin drink, Fortnum & Mason Christmas Spiced Tea, Mulled wine