March 19th, 2012: This entry was an unfinished draft from December 2008. It is mostly complete so I decided to post it anyway just for my own records.
This week in food: fudge, chicken soup with tofu and mushroom, chicken, fishball and chinese vermicelli soup with mushrooms and celery,
Monday, December 15th, 2008
- Breakfast: Cereal with yogurt
- I made Fudge.
- Lunch: Leftover rice and lemony chickpea stir fry
- Snack/Early Dinner: Flatmate made noodles and stir fried beef with beans and zuchini
- Dinner: Chicken soup with tofu and mushroom: I boiled and simmered two pieces of dark chicken meat in white pepper, salt, and ginger for about 25 minutes, added mushrooms, then green ions, and then silken tofu. I ate it with rice.
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with honey, raisins. Baked apple slices in the microwave with brown sugar and butter. Banana.
- Lunch at Noodle Inn: Roasted Duck Ramee
- Snack: blueberry cheesecake on Regent Street
- Dinner: I made dinner by baking chicken (rinsed, dried, rubbed in olive oil, salt & pepper, in oven for 400’F for 30 then an additional 10 min at 350 until thigh temperature at 185) and making cauliflower and bean soup.
Wednesday, December 17th, 2008
- Breakfast: Leftovers
- Lunch: Out
- Dinner: Cafe Opium in Oxford
Thursday, December 18th 2008
- Snack: Cookie and Cafe Latte from Starbucks
- Dinner: Rice. Hardboiled egg. Golden
Friday, December 19th 2008
- Dinner: Soup with chicken boiled and simmered in ginger, white pepper, and salt, then I added Chinese vermicelli (brean thread), fishballs, mushrooms, celery and green onions