2013 Nerdy Non-Fiction Challenge
In any attempt to read more nonfiction, I have joined Bookmark to Blog’s 2013 Nerdy Non-Fiction Challenge.
I am always trying to read more nonfiction so this challenge should help with that. All my nonfiction book posts are in my nonfiction tag.
Here are the levels:
Geek: 4-6 books in at least 2-3 different categories
Dork: 7-10 books in at least 4-5 different categories
Dweeb: 11- 14 books in at least 6-7 different categories
Nerd: 15+ books in at least 8+ different categories
I really doubt I could be a Nerd or even a Dweeb. I think I manage dork levels every year wherein approximately 10-20% of all the books I read in a year are nonfiction.
Some of my favourite or often read categories: Travel, Food, Crafting, History, Memoirs/Biographies.
Nonfiction Books 2013:
- The Beauty of Color by Iman (Health, Beauty)
- Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman (Literature)
- Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson (Autobiography/Memoirs, Food)
- The Best American Travel Writing 2012 (Travel)
- Paris in Love by Eloisa James (Memoirs, Travel)
- Here’s looking at Euclid by Alex Bellos (Math)
- Bringing Up Bébé by Pamela Druckerman (Parenting / Culture)
- Let’s Talk About Love: A Journey to the End of Taste by Carl Wilson (Music / Cultural Studies)
- America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren’t by Stephen Colbert (Humor)
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau (Memoirs)
- The Best American Travel Writing 2008 edited by Anthony Bourdain (Travel)
- Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris (Humor)
- Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris (Humor)
- Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell (Books, Humor)
- Cooked by Michael Pollan (Cooking)
- The Last Train to Zona Verde by Paul Theroux (Travel)
- Through the Children’s Gate by Adam Gopnik (Memoirs)
- Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin (Memoir, Self-Help, Psychology)
- Naked by David Sedaris(Memoir, Humour)
- Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love by Helen Fisher (Psychology, Anthropology)
Number of Books:
Number of Categories: