There is a new challenge at the Classics Club where you pick twenty books, then a random number will be selected and each of us must read the number listed at X number by April 1st 2013.
Of course, the book selection must challenge you. My challenge is that I own almost every one of these books so I must read them to clear my TBR shelf. I have been having problems controlling the propagation of my book shelves. I need to read more books before I buy more.
I’ll update this post next Monday to announce which book I will read.
- The Warden by Anthony Trollope
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- William-an Englishman by Cicely Hamilton
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Don Quixote by Cervantes
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Nicholas Nickelby by Charles Dickens
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Sons and Lovers by D. H. Lawrence
- Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
- Death in Venice by Thomas Mann
- The Complete Poems by T. S. Eliot
- The Return of the the Native by Thomas Hardy
What’s on your spin list?