The Second Classics Spin from the Classics Club. As with before, I must pick twenty books, then a random number will be selected and each of us must read the number listed at X number by July 1st 2013.
These Spins are really useful because other challenges, reads, and activities have taken me away from the classics this year.
I have mostly kept the same books as I did my first Classics Spin. My challenge is that I own almost every one of these books so I must read them to clear my TBR shelf. I removed Walden since that was what I read last time, and took out Wives and Daughters if only because I really want to read North & South before that. I added Cannery Row by John Steinbeck and Lois the Witch by Gaskell instead. I think I own the latter; I can’t remember because I’m at work at the moment.
- The Warden by Anthony Trollope
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- William-an Englishman by Cicely Hamilton
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Don Quixote by Cervantes
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Nicholas Nickelby by Charles Dickens
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Sons and Lovers by D. H. Lawrence
- Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
- Death in Venice by Thomas Mann
- The Complete Poems by T. S. Eliot
- The Return of the the Native by Thomas Hardy
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- Lois the Witch by Elizabeth Gaskell
What’s on your spin list?