This update includes books read in April and May. The latter was a pretty good month for books. I read 11 and quite a few counted towards challenges. New challenges are in bold.
- Book Awards (9 of 12) – None. I only have June left.
- William Shakespeare (3 of 4) – I read Othello and The Tempest. Nearly done.
- Non-Fiction Five Challenge (1 of 5) – Read Hungry Planet. May to Sept.
- Graphic Novels (8 of 6) – Read The Best American Comics 2006, Jimmy Corrigan
- Decades 08 (5 of 8 ) – Read Cranford, The Count of Monte Cristo
- In their shoes (3 of ?) – Read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.
- Russian Reading (2 of 4) – Slow and steady does it.
- What’s in a Name? (4 of 6) – I read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Hungry Planet, The Tempest
- TBR 2008 (1 of 12) – This is pathetic. I really need to work on this.
- Man Booker Challenge (1 of 6) – Same.
- Chunky Challenge (3 of 4) – Read The Count of Monte Cristo, Twilight, Outlander
- The Obscure Challenge ( of 1) – Read one obscure book before the end of the year.
- 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats or tl;dr (3 of 3) – Three books read from lists of favourites of other participants; read The Count of Monte Cristo, Twilight, and Outlander.
- 1% Well-Read Challenge (2 of 10) – Read 10 books from the 1001 List in 10 months. I read Cranford, The Count of Monte Cristo. See below for book count.
- Reading the Nobels (1 of 5)- Must work on this, but I do not have many Nobels at hand.
- Notable Books – None
- Pulitzer Project – None
- Booker Project – None
- 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die – The challenge will help this out: 84.
- TBR Pile – Books that I own and have not read. None in awhile.
- Classics Challenge ( of 6) – July to December 2008. Five classics and one bonus “modern” classic.